Police investigate after fluid thrown at woman
- Credit: Archant
A woman was rushed to hospital after a substance was thrown at her from a passing vehicle.
Police were called by the ambulance at 6.26pm to the QEII in Welwyn Garden City to reports that a woman had been splashed with an unknown substance from a passing vehicle in Darkes Lane, Potter Bar, at around 5.10pm.
It is understood that the woman’s arm was left with a “tingling” sensation.
A police spokeswoman said: “Significant enquiries were carried out and it was established that the substance was not corrosive and was likely to be a drink.
“The woman had not suffered any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is being dealt with as a common assault.”
The fire service also attended to assist with enquiries at the QEII.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack