Police crack down on gun crime
A NEW police unit is launched today (Wednesday), promising residents extra protection from guns and lethal weapons. The joint firearms unit between Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire Constabulary will have two headquarters, one based in WGC, and aims to pro
A NEW police unit is launched today (Wednesday), promising residents extra protection from guns and lethal weapons.
The joint firearms unit between Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire Constabulary will have two headquarters, one based in WGC, and aims to provide greater resilience against attacks from criminals carrying guns.
It is the latest collaboration between the two police authorities, following the establishment of the Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire dog unit, the professional standards department and scientific services unit.
Stuart Nagler, Chair of Hertfordshire Police Authority, said: "I'm confident that the establishment of this new unit, along with the other joint ventures recently launched, will provide measurable and sustainable benefits to the service delivered to our communities."
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire Constabulary's deputy chief constable Simon Parr said: "Other forces and police authorities are taking an active interest in our progress with this groundbreaking work, the overarching priority of which is to further improve the policing service we deliver to our communities in both counties.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'