Police crack down on gun crime
A NEW police unit is launched today (Wednesday), promising residents extra protection from guns and lethal weapons. The joint firearms unit between Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire Constabulary will have two headquarters, one based in WGC, and aims to pro
A NEW police unit is launched today (Wednesday), promising residents extra protection from guns and lethal weapons.
The joint firearms unit between Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire Constabulary will have two headquarters, one based in WGC, and aims to provide greater resilience against attacks from criminals carrying guns.
It is the latest collaboration between the two police authorities, following the establishment of the Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire dog unit, the professional standards department and scientific services unit.
Stuart Nagler, Chair of Hertfordshire Police Authority, said: "I'm confident that the establishment of this new unit, along with the other joint ventures recently launched, will provide measurable and sustainable benefits to the service delivered to our communities."
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire Constabulary's deputy chief constable Simon Parr said: "Other forces and police authorities are taking an active interest in our progress with this groundbreaking work, the overarching priority of which is to further improve the policing service we deliver to our communities in both counties.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street