Police crack down on gun crime
A NEW police unit is launched today (Wednesday), promising residents extra protection from guns and lethal weapons. The joint firearms unit between Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire Constabulary will have two headquarters, one based in WGC, and aims to pro
A NEW police unit is launched today (Wednesday), promising residents extra protection from guns and lethal weapons.
The joint firearms unit between Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire Constabulary will have two headquarters, one based in WGC, and aims to provide greater resilience against attacks from criminals carrying guns.
It is the latest collaboration between the two police authorities, following the establishment of the Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire dog unit, the professional standards department and scientific services unit.
Stuart Nagler, Chair of Hertfordshire Police Authority, said: "I'm confident that the establishment of this new unit, along with the other joint ventures recently launched, will provide measurable and sustainable benefits to the service delivered to our communities."
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire Constabulary's deputy chief constable Simon Parr said: "Other forces and police authorities are taking an active interest in our progress with this groundbreaking work, the overarching priority of which is to further improve the policing service we deliver to our communities in both counties.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar