Police chief pledges future to Hertfordshire
FRANK Whiteley will remain as Hertfordshire's top police officer for a further three years. Mr Whiteley, who became chief constable in 2004, will remain in the post until October 2012. Police authority chairman Stuart Nagler said: 'Frank has led
FRANK Whiteley will remain as Hertfordshire's top police officer for a further three years.
Mr Whiteley, who became chief constable in 2004, will remain in the post until October 2012.
Police authority chairman Stuart Nagler said: "Frank has led improvements in virtually every area of policing in the county.
"Since he joined us in 2004, Hertfordshire Constabulary has changed from a force with average performance to one in the top quarter of forces in the country. At the same time, recorded crime in Hertfordshire has fallen by over 20%, a reduction of 21,000 crimes per year.
You may also want to watch:
"We are confident he will continue to provide the strong leadership needed to face the enormous challenges ahead and look forward to working with him to make Hertfordshire even safer."
Mr Whiteley, a married dad-of-three, said he was delighted to continue in the role.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
"I very much look forward to further improving policing in the county and ensuring crime is kept to an absolute minimum.
"I am particularly fortunate I lead an excellent force with a strong top team and a very dedicated and committed workforce.