Police chief pledges future to Hertfordshire
FRANK Whiteley will remain as Hertfordshire's top police officer for a further three years. Mr Whiteley, who became chief constable in 2004, will remain in the post until October 2012. Police authority chairman Stuart Nagler said: 'Frank has led
FRANK Whiteley will remain as Hertfordshire's top police officer for a further three years.
Mr Whiteley, who became chief constable in 2004, will remain in the post until October 2012.
Police authority chairman Stuart Nagler said: "Frank has led improvements in virtually every area of policing in the county.
"Since he joined us in 2004, Hertfordshire Constabulary has changed from a force with average performance to one in the top quarter of forces in the country. At the same time, recorded crime in Hertfordshire has fallen by over 20%, a reduction of 21,000 crimes per year.
You may also want to watch:
"We are confident he will continue to provide the strong leadership needed to face the enormous challenges ahead and look forward to working with him to make Hertfordshire even safer."
Mr Whiteley, a married dad-of-three, said he was delighted to continue in the role.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 11 top Hertfordshire music festivals set for the summer of 2021
"I very much look forward to further improving policing in the county and ensuring crime is kept to an absolute minimum.
"I am particularly fortunate I lead an excellent force with a strong top team and a very dedicated and committed workforce.