Police car just tipped over in Hatfield
A POLICE force has been left baffled this week as one of cars “just tipped over”.
That was the explanation given after one of its large 4x4 trucks was spotted lying on its side in a rainy Hatfield on Sunday night.
The picture clearly shows the vehicle’s blue lights flashing, but when the WHT asked if the car was involved in a high-speed chase to apprehend a dangerous criminal, we were told it was not.
A Hertfordshire Constabulary spokeswoman said it was not involved in a chase.
“It was a routine stop check. He was pursuing a car that did not have correct lights. The weather conditions caused it to tip over.”
You may also want to watch:
She insisted: “It’s a top heavy vehicle.”
Asked if the freak accident meant the force was recalling all similar vehicles for fear it could happen again, the spokeswoman added: “No, there’s no need. We’re not taking it any further.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank