Police car just tipped over in Hatfield
A POLICE force has been left baffled this week as one of cars “just tipped over”.
That was the explanation given after one of its large 4x4 trucks was spotted lying on its side in a rainy Hatfield on Sunday night.
The picture clearly shows the vehicle’s blue lights flashing, but when the WHT asked if the car was involved in a high-speed chase to apprehend a dangerous criminal, we were told it was not.
A Hertfordshire Constabulary spokeswoman said it was not involved in a chase.
“It was a routine stop check. He was pursuing a car that did not have correct lights. The weather conditions caused it to tip over.”
You may also want to watch:
She insisted: “It’s a top heavy vehicle.”
Asked if the freak accident meant the force was recalling all similar vehicles for fear it could happen again, the spokeswoman added: “No, there’s no need. We’re not taking it any further.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust