Police break up Hatfield street party
More than 40 young revellers were dispersed by police after a noisy party spilled onto the street.
Police were called by concerned neigbours in Cunningham Avenue, Hatfield, at around 1am on Thursday.
One resident said it was intimidating to hear and watch and added: “I had to call the police to attend to an extremely large group of young people gathered at the junction of Cunningham Avenue and The Runway.
“There was a further large crowd on the park around the corner. They were stood on all four corners of the junction blocking it off.
“I was told by the police control person they had several calls about this and the three police cars they had sent were being ignored and they would be sending more.
You may also want to watch:
“A police riot van with cameras on it turned up to film the crowds.”
A police spokeswoman said crowds were dispersed by 3am and no arrests were made.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital