Police break up Hatfield street party
More than 40 young revellers were dispersed by police after a noisy party spilled onto the street.
Police were called by concerned neigbours in Cunningham Avenue, Hatfield, at around 1am on Thursday.
One resident said it was intimidating to hear and watch and added: “I had to call the police to attend to an extremely large group of young people gathered at the junction of Cunningham Avenue and The Runway.
“There was a further large crowd on the park around the corner. They were stood on all four corners of the junction blocking it off.
“I was told by the police control person they had several calls about this and the three police cars they had sent were being ignored and they would be sending more.
You may also want to watch:
“A police riot van with cameras on it turned up to film the crowds.”
A police spokeswoman said crowds were dispersed by 3am and no arrests were made.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man