Police break up Hatfield street party
More than 40 young revellers were dispersed by police after a noisy party spilled onto the street.
Police were called by concerned neigbours in Cunningham Avenue, Hatfield, at around 1am on Thursday.
One resident said it was intimidating to hear and watch and added: “I had to call the police to attend to an extremely large group of young people gathered at the junction of Cunningham Avenue and The Runway.
“There was a further large crowd on the park around the corner. They were stood on all four corners of the junction blocking it off.
“I was told by the police control person they had several calls about this and the three police cars they had sent were being ignored and they would be sending more.
You may also want to watch:
“A police riot van with cameras on it turned up to film the crowds.”
A police spokeswoman said crowds were dispersed by 3am and no arrests were made.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign