Police break up Hatfield street party
More than 40 young revellers were dispersed by police after a noisy party spilled onto the street.
Police were called by concerned neigbours in Cunningham Avenue, Hatfield, at around 1am on Thursday.
One resident said it was intimidating to hear and watch and added: “I had to call the police to attend to an extremely large group of young people gathered at the junction of Cunningham Avenue and The Runway.
“There was a further large crowd on the park around the corner. They were stood on all four corners of the junction blocking it off.
“I was told by the police control person they had several calls about this and the three police cars they had sent were being ignored and they would be sending more.
You may also want to watch:
“A police riot van with cameras on it turned up to film the crowds.”
A police spokeswoman said crowds were dispersed by 3am and no arrests were made.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off