Police appeal to solve injured Welwyn Garden City cyclist mystery
A CYCLIST sustained head injuries, concussion and a suspected fractured eye socket – and she has no idea how.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw what happened to a woman as she cycled to WGC railway station on Friday morning.
The woman was riding along Broadwater Road at around 7.50am and turned left into Hyde Way.
But she arrived at the station with a cracked cycle helmet and injuries to her hands and body.
A passer-by assisted the woman, who was taken to the QE2 Hospital and kept in overnight, but she cannot remember how she got injured.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Adrian Parke said: “This is a very unusual situation and we are keen to help this lady find out how she was injured. It may be that she fell off her bike or was involved in a collision with a vehicle.
“If anyone was travelling along a similar route to the railway station and saw a woman get into difficulty on her bike, I would ask that you get in contact.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
The injured woman is in her 30s, with dark brown hair. She was wearing a dark coloured cycle helmet and riding a pink pushbike with a distinctive wicker basket at the front.
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.