Police appeal to solve injured Welwyn Garden City cyclist mystery
A CYCLIST sustained head injuries, concussion and a suspected fractured eye socket – and she has no idea how.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw what happened to a woman as she cycled to WGC railway station on Friday morning.
The woman was riding along Broadwater Road at around 7.50am and turned left into Hyde Way.
But she arrived at the station with a cracked cycle helmet and injuries to her hands and body.
A passer-by assisted the woman, who was taken to the QE2 Hospital and kept in overnight, but she cannot remember how she got injured.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Adrian Parke said: “This is a very unusual situation and we are keen to help this lady find out how she was injured. It may be that she fell off her bike or was involved in a collision with a vehicle.
“If anyone was travelling along a similar route to the railway station and saw a woman get into difficulty on her bike, I would ask that you get in contact.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
The injured woman is in her 30s, with dark brown hair. She was wearing a dark coloured cycle helmet and riding a pink pushbike with a distinctive wicker basket at the front.
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.