Police appeal after two student homes targeted
- Credit: Archant
STUDENT homes in Hatfield were targeted by theives during the Easter break, prompting a police appeal.
Officers say two homes in Comet Way were broken into, with games consoles and jewellery among the items taken.
But detectives can only say the thefts happened at some point between March 30 and April 13.
Det Con Ashleigh Olwage, investigating, said: “I appreciate that the period of time that these offences were committed between spans two weeks but I would appeal to anyone who was in the area between these times and believes they saw anything suspicious to contact me.
“There is a busy pedestrian footpath which cuts from the Galleria past the house and I am confident someone must have seen something which may assist my investigations.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have any information whatsoever please contact me.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Olwage on 01707 806845 or via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number B2/13/1070. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge