Police and fire crews at Tesco in Potters Bar
CRIME and fire prevention advice will be handed out to Potters Bar shoppers this morning (Tuesday).
Police, council officers and fire fighters are out in force to give advice and practical help to local people at a Hertsmere Community Safety Partnership ‘Spotlight’ event.
From 1pm to 3pm officers will be based at Tesco in Mutton Lane giving out advice. They will also carry out free mobile phone security marking and are available to discuss any concerns you may have about your safety and security where you live, work, go to school, shop or visit.
The Potters Bar Safer Neighbourhood Team, which won the Hertsmere prize for Neighbourhood Team of the Year at Hertfordshire Police Authority’s recent Safer Neighbourhood Awards, will be at the event but if you can’t make it you can contact them anytime on 0845 33 00 222.
There will also be an Alcohol Awareness Month stand at this location. As part of a county-wide initiative to highlight the negative impacts drinking alcohol can have on your health and fitness - as well as remind residents about sensible drinking measures.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr John Donne, community safety portfolio holder at Hertsmere Borough Council, said: “This Spotlight event forms part of the Community Safety Partnership’s programme of work to see what needs to be addressed in the borough. There will be a whole host of information and practical advice available so I hope residents take the opportunity to come along and find out more.”
Neighbourhood officer, PC Joanna Windsor said: “These events give us a great chance to speak directly to the community about local issues in their areas. We look forward to speaking to everyone who is in the area and can make it along.”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences