Plea for Poppy Appeal organiser in Hatfield
POPPIES could be UNAVAILABLE in Hatfield this year.
That is the stark warning being put out by the Royal British Legion, which is desperately searching for someone to organise this year’s Poppy Appeal in the town.
The charity needs a person to work with a team of volunteers to help co-ordinate the distribution of poppies to nearby shops and businesses, as well as counting and banking donations.
Adele Richmond, the Hertfordshire community fundraiser for the Poppy Appeal said: “Unless someone comes forward to organise the Poppy Appeal, there might not be any poppies available in Hatfield.
“Every year the general public want to remember those who gave their lives for their country and help provide services for those who have served in the Armed Forces, and it is therefore crucial to have someone in place to ensure that the public can get their poppies in time for Remembrance Sunday, as well as ensuring that we continue to raise the funds needed to support our Armed Forces family.”
You may also want to watch:
The role is open to everyone.
If you can help or would like to discuss the role in more detail, contact Adele on 01480 432753 or email email@example.com
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes