Plans to extend care home unveiled
PLANS to raze a care home in Potters Bar and replace it with a larger facility have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council.
Managers at Cooperscroft, in Coopers Lane Road, want to demolish the existing 51 bedroom home and build a 60 bedroom, three storey facility in its place.
Under the plans, an extra three storey, 23 bedroom home would also be built on the site.
If they are approved, the developer would also provide an extra 17 car parking spaces.
The application is currently out to public consultation.
You may also want to watch:
At present, the council has received one objection to the plans.
Planners hope to reach a decision on the application by August 16.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street