Plans to extend care home unveiled
PLANS to raze a care home in Potters Bar and replace it with a larger facility have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council.
Managers at Cooperscroft, in Coopers Lane Road, want to demolish the existing 51 bedroom home and build a 60 bedroom, three storey facility in its place.
Under the plans, an extra three storey, 23 bedroom home would also be built on the site.
If they are approved, the developer would also provide an extra 17 car parking spaces.
The application is currently out to public consultation.
You may also want to watch:
At present, the council has received one objection to the plans.
Planners hope to reach a decision on the application by August 16.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone