Plans for new Welwyn Garden City hospital to go on show
THE first glimpses of what the new QE2 Hospital could be like can be seen next week.
For plans for the overall development of the site, in Howlands, WGC, are going on public show.
NHS Hertfordshire is organising a touring exhibition to give residents the chance to view and comment on the proposals, ahead of a planning application set to be submitted in the new year.
GPs in the borough are encouraging people to take the time to take a look at the plans.
Dr Hari Pathmanathan, a GP at Bridge Cottage Surgery, Welwyn, said: “This is an opportunity for all of us with an interest in what happens on the QE2 site to see how the overall site plans are taking shape and will be of particular interest to those who live close by.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr John Constable, of Wrafton House Surgery, said: “Now we’ve had approval from Government to move forward with changes to the hospital, this exhibition will show local people what is planned for the whole site and will show where the new QE2 hospital will be situated.
“Although we’re not yet at the stage where we can show which health services are going where, this will be our first chance to see the initial architect’s impressions of the hospital building and speak to the team directly in charge of the project.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity
The plans will be on display:
* Next Tuesday, November 30 and Wednesday, December 1 at the QE2 Hospital (lift foyer on ground floor).
NHS staff will be on hand from 11am to 1pm, 2pm to 4pm, and 6pm to 8pm to talk visitors through the display and answer questions. Although the exhibition won’t be staffed outside of these times, it will remain open for people to browse all day.
* Thursday, December 2 from 10am to 4pm at Asda in Hatfield.
* Friday, December 3 from 11am to 5pm at the Howard Centre, WGC.