Plans for new Welwyn Garden City hospital to go on show
THE first glimpses of what the new QE2 Hospital could be like can be seen next week.
For plans for the overall development of the site, in Howlands, WGC, are going on public show.
NHS Hertfordshire is organising a touring exhibition to give residents the chance to view and comment on the proposals, ahead of a planning application set to be submitted in the new year.
GPs in the borough are encouraging people to take the time to take a look at the plans.
Dr Hari Pathmanathan, a GP at Bridge Cottage Surgery, Welwyn, said: “This is an opportunity for all of us with an interest in what happens on the QE2 site to see how the overall site plans are taking shape and will be of particular interest to those who live close by.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr John Constable, of Wrafton House Surgery, said: “Now we’ve had approval from Government to move forward with changes to the hospital, this exhibition will show local people what is planned for the whole site and will show where the new QE2 hospital will be situated.
“Although we’re not yet at the stage where we can show which health services are going where, this will be our first chance to see the initial architect’s impressions of the hospital building and speak to the team directly in charge of the project.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
The plans will be on display:
* Next Tuesday, November 30 and Wednesday, December 1 at the QE2 Hospital (lift foyer on ground floor).
NHS staff will be on hand from 11am to 1pm, 2pm to 4pm, and 6pm to 8pm to talk visitors through the display and answer questions. Although the exhibition won’t be staffed outside of these times, it will remain open for people to browse all day.
* Thursday, December 2 from 10am to 4pm at Asda in Hatfield.
* Friday, December 3 from 11am to 5pm at the Howard Centre, WGC.