Planes or homes at Welwyn Garden City airfield?
PROPOSALS to build homes on a WGC airfield are set to be discussed at a series of public exhibitions this weekend. Landowners Mariposa Investments is hosting three displays across Welwyn Hatfield to inform people about a potential redevelopment of Panshan
PROPOSALS to build homes on a WGC airfield are set to be discussed at a series of public exhibitions this weekend.
Landowners Mariposa Investments is hosting three displays across Welwyn Hatfield to inform people about a potential redevelopment of Panshanger Aerodrome.
The airfield is one of a number of sites across the borough that Welwyn Hatfield Council has identified, as part of its core strategy, as suitable for housing.
A spokesman for Mariposa said: "The redevelopment of the airfield would remove aircraft noise and may help protect other areas of Green Belt and amenity space within Welwyn Hatfield from development."
You may also want to watch:
However, he stressed: "Detailed planning proposals at Panshanger will only come forward in several years time after the council has made its decisions on the location of housing in its core strategy and its planning strategy is finalised."
Each exhibition offers residents an opportunity to comment on possible development options at the airfield.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
The first display will take place at Woodhall Community Centre in Mill Green Road, WGC, on Friday, from 5pm to 8pm.
Then on Saturday, the roadshow moves to the Lord William Cecil Memorial Hall, in French Horn Lane, between noon and 3pm.
And on Sunday, the final exhibition will be held in the Fairway Suite at Panshanger Golf Course, again from noon until 3pm.
For more information contact Ross Pearson on 08456 015432 or email email@example.com