Plan to transform hospital unveiled
THE East and North Herts NHS Trust has submitted an outline planning application to transform the Lister Hospital in Stevenage. The redevelopment will include incorporating the QE2 Hospital's major services, such as A&E and maternity. Meanwhile, a deal ov
THE East and North Herts NHS Trust has submitted an outline planning application to transform the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
The redevelopment will include incorporating the QE2 Hospital's major services, such as A&E and maternity.
Meanwhile, a deal over the Lister's new surgicentre - subject to a separate planning application - is also "imminent".
A contract is expected to be signed in the coming weeks for private sector provider Clinicenta to build the facility.
You may also want to watch:
Trust chief executive Nick Carver said: "This is an exciting development as it sets out what's in store for everyone with an interest in the transformation of the Lister to become the major acute hospital for those living, working and visiting east and north Hertford-shire, as well as parts of Bedfordshire.
"The plan, which covers the expansion of our maternity services, the creation of a multi-storey car park, consolidated emergency services and the building of a new main south block, will see over �100m being invested in upgraded and new facilities at the hospital."
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Mr Carver said: "We expect work on some of these projects, including maternity services and the car park, to begin later this year.
"Subject to imminent agreement being reached with our private sector provider Clinicenta, building of our new surgicentre could start within weeks.
"Between them, these three projects alone will begin transforming the Lister site."
The redevelopment is expected to be completed in 2015.
* What do you think about the grandiose plans for the Lister? Email your views to email@example.com