Plan to transform hospital unveiled
THE East and North Herts NHS Trust has submitted an outline planning application to transform the Lister Hospital in Stevenage. The redevelopment will include incorporating the QE2 Hospital's major services, such as A&E and maternity. Meanwhile, a deal ov
THE East and North Herts NHS Trust has submitted an outline planning application to transform the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
The redevelopment will include incorporating the QE2 Hospital's major services, such as A&E and maternity.
Meanwhile, a deal over the Lister's new surgicentre - subject to a separate planning application - is also "imminent".
A contract is expected to be signed in the coming weeks for private sector provider Clinicenta to build the facility.
You may also want to watch:
Trust chief executive Nick Carver said: "This is an exciting development as it sets out what's in store for everyone with an interest in the transformation of the Lister to become the major acute hospital for those living, working and visiting east and north Hertford-shire, as well as parts of Bedfordshire.
"The plan, which covers the expansion of our maternity services, the creation of a multi-storey car park, consolidated emergency services and the building of a new main south block, will see over �100m being invested in upgraded and new facilities at the hospital."
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
Mr Carver said: "We expect work on some of these projects, including maternity services and the car park, to begin later this year.
"Subject to imminent agreement being reached with our private sector provider Clinicenta, building of our new surgicentre could start within weeks.
"Between them, these three projects alone will begin transforming the Lister site."
The redevelopment is expected to be completed in 2015.
* What do you think about the grandiose plans for the Lister? Email your views to email@example.com