Plan for more traveller caravans in Potters Bar
PLANS to allow extra static caravans to be housed at a traveller site in Potters Bar have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council. Patrick Casey, the owner of Brookes Place, in Barnet Road, has asked for permission to up the number of traveller pitche
PLANS to allow extra static caravans to be housed at a traveller site in Potters Bar have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council.
Patrick Casey, the owner of Brookes Place, in Barnet Road, has asked for permission to up the number of traveller pitches on his land.
Formerly known as the Pylon Site, Brookes Place can currently take up to 12 static caravans.
If Mr Casey's application is successful, this would increase to 14 static caravans.
You may also want to watch:
But the total number of caravans - static and mobile - that can use the site at any one time would NOT change.
Mr Casey has also asked the council to allow gypsies from families other than those already on the site to live there.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
The borough council has been told by the Government that it must provide 18 extra pitches for travellers by 2011.
The application is currently open to public consultation.
A final decision is expected by September 24.