Plan for more traveller caravans in Potters Bar
PLANS to allow extra static caravans to be housed at a traveller site in Potters Bar have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council. Patrick Casey, the owner of Brookes Place, in Barnet Road, has asked for permission to up the number of traveller pitche
PLANS to allow extra static caravans to be housed at a traveller site in Potters Bar have been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council.
Patrick Casey, the owner of Brookes Place, in Barnet Road, has asked for permission to up the number of traveller pitches on his land.
Formerly known as the Pylon Site, Brookes Place can currently take up to 12 static caravans.
If Mr Casey's application is successful, this would increase to 14 static caravans.
You may also want to watch:
But the total number of caravans - static and mobile - that can use the site at any one time would NOT change.
Mr Casey has also asked the council to allow gypsies from families other than those already on the site to live there.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
The borough council has been told by the Government that it must provide 18 extra pitches for travellers by 2011.
The application is currently open to public consultation.
A final decision is expected by September 24.