Pizza Hut unit in Welwyn Garden City up for grabs
A HIGH street pizza chain looks set to move away WGC town centre – after the unit it currently rents was put back on the market.
Pizza Hut confirmed this week it was looking for a suitable buyer for its 2,500 sq ft unit on the corner of Howardsgate and Parkway.
The space is currently being advertised on commercial property website www.wantspacegotspace.co.uk as “a prominent double fronted retail unit” which “benefits from good footfall”.
But with the current lease not expiring until 2014, it doesn’t look as if the food giant will be moving anywhere too soon.
Potential occupants will also need to stump up �60,250 a year in rent, plus almost another �18,000 in rates.
You may also want to watch:
This week, a spokeswoman for Pizza Hut said: “We continually evaluate the location of our restaurants to ensure they are in the best possible areas to meet consumer demand.
“Our lease at the Howardsgate restaurant expires in 2014, so we have instructed an agency to explore potential interest in the site, however we have no plans to close the restaurant until a suitable buyer is found.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed