Pilates reshaped by Welwyn Garden City professional
PILATES has been reformed by a specialist instructor from WGC who is hoping to help residents attack their thighs, tums and bums after the over-indulgent festive period.
Linda Donovan has created her own form of the physical fitness system renaming her new pay-as-you-go classes, which started on Monday, Pilates Body Conditioning.
Linda, who has been teaching Pilates for 15 years, said the aim of the new course was to make it more accessible to a wider range of people.
She said: “Many people are convinced Pilates would do them good, but are put off by the idea it’s so sophisticated, you need complex equipment to benefit and by the high cost of studio classes.
“Yet Pilates principles and exercises were designed to be simple and need not cost a lot to do.”
You may also want to watch:
She said of her new system: “It’s a careful balance of core Pilates exercises designed to focus on thighs, tums and bums.
“If you want to tone up, be strong and stay independent with Pilates you should try this class,” added the former professional dancer, who has male and female clients aged between 18 and 90.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 6 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“It’s my own fusion of things I have learnt and used during my 15-year career as a professional dancer.
“All the same Pilates principles apply, using the core throughout, breathing properly and so on, but for my new class I’ve selected Pilates exercises and modified some to make it more about whole-body strength and flexibility than you’d expect from a typical traditional Pilates class.”
The �5 classes are being held every Monday at 1.30pm at the Friends Meeting House, Handside Lane and at the Vineyard Barn, The Vineyard, on Fridays at 11.45am.
For more information call Linda on 07929 907743 or visit www.lindadonovan.co.uk