Picture gallery: Community spirit at South Hatfield Fete
HUNDREDS of people poured out of their homes to enjoy a special bazaar in Hatfield.
A classic car show, quad biking and Zumba displays were all part of the fun and games at the South Hatfield Fete, which also included many traditional attractions.
Stallholders raised funds for their chosen charities throughout the event, which organiser Mark Lampert said was especially good this year.
He said: “Despite the terrible news of Hatfield being the chosen destination for the incinerator, the mood was great.
“Everyone had a brilliant time and it just shows how strong the community spirit is here in Hatfield.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “A highlight this year was the appearance of Pc Warren Poter, and the other officers.
“The children loved getting in the car and trying out all the equipment, as well as the police helicopter flyover.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement