Photos on display to shoppers
MEMBERS of WGC Photographic Club will be showcasing their work in the Howard Centre tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday.
The exhibition is heralding in the club’s new season, which began with a meeting at the Terrace Suite in Campus West.
There, members compared photo highlights from their summer breaks, and made preparations for their regular Tuesday meetings through to next May.
Club programme secretary Colin Mahoney said: “We have put together a varied mix of workshops, external speaker presentations, photo competitions and members’ evenings for the coming year.
“We believe it will be of interest to members both old and new, and help them all to develop their photo skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Bill Wastell said the opportunity to display photos in the Howard Centre was an important event for members.
“It allows us to showcase our work to the wider public. It also attracts new members to the club at the start of the season.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The club has been extending its website during the summer.
“Our website at www.welwynphotoclub.org.uk is another important window to the outside world. We get a lot of positive feedback from it,” Mr Wastell added.