Photos on display to shoppers
MEMBERS of WGC Photographic Club will be showcasing their work in the Howard Centre tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday.
The exhibition is heralding in the club’s new season, which began with a meeting at the Terrace Suite in Campus West.
There, members compared photo highlights from their summer breaks, and made preparations for their regular Tuesday meetings through to next May.
Club programme secretary Colin Mahoney said: “We have put together a varied mix of workshops, external speaker presentations, photo competitions and members’ evenings for the coming year.
“We believe it will be of interest to members both old and new, and help them all to develop their photo skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Bill Wastell said the opportunity to display photos in the Howard Centre was an important event for members.
“It allows us to showcase our work to the wider public. It also attracts new members to the club at the start of the season.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
The club has been extending its website during the summer.
“Our website at www.welwynphotoclub.org.uk is another important window to the outside world. We get a lot of positive feedback from it,” Mr Wastell added.