Petition against Hatfield incinerator to be handed over
CAMPAIGNERS opposed to the construction of a massive waste incinerator in Hatfield will be presenting a petition to the county council this week.
Members of Hatfield Against Incineration (HAI) will be handing the document over to the authority at Tuesday evening’s meeting at County Hall.
The petition – which at the time of going to press had attracted more than 150 signatures – calls on the county council to abandon plans to build a waste management facility at New Barnfield in Travellers Lane.
HAI committee member Cathy Roe said: “There is massive opposition to the use of this site because of its close proximity to a special needs school, a wild-life site, work-places and housing, all of which would be affected by noise and fumes from increased traffic and by pollution from an incinerator.”
Mrs Roe urged residents opposed to the use of New Barnfield for waste treatment to help collect signatures for the petition ahead of next week’s meeting.
You may also want to watch:
The petition can be downloaded from www.hatfield-anti-incineration.co.uk
She also implored supporters of the campaign to attend the meeting to show their opposition to the council’s plans.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
The meeting starts at 10.30am at County Hall in Pegs Lane, Hertford.