Peter Andre Greek restaurant rumour scotched
RUMOURS pop star Peter Andre had been set to open a Greek restaurant in Times Territory have been scotched.
News of the Aussie singer’s possible business venture emerged on the social networking site Twitter.
A poster known as ‘angelicon’ – real name Andrea Constantinou – wrote: “I know u r openin a greek resteraunt in Cuffley soon my bro is pals with d owner (sic).
“Keep the Greek support going.
“L U Andrea.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter, 36, was born to Greek Cypriot parents in London, before emigrating to Australia at the age of six.
Musically, he is best known for his 1996 UK number two hit Mysterious Girl – which subsequently reached the top of the charts after he appeared in I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! in 2004.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
His stint in the jungle also led to his private life coming under intense scrutiny in the tabloid press, following his marriage – and subsequent divorce – to glamour model Katie Price, also known as Jordan.
After reading Andrea’s post on Twitter, the WHT made some enquiries. A spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council said: “We have no applications in Cuffley for anybody to open a Greek restaurant.”
But she pointed out: “There is The Gables in Newgate Street which is currently empty.”
The rumour was eventually put to bed when Peter’s management company contacted our newsdesk.
A spokeswoman simply said: “It is not true.”