Peter Andre Greek restaurant rumour scotched
RUMOURS pop star Peter Andre had been set to open a Greek restaurant in Times Territory have been scotched.
News of the Aussie singer’s possible business venture emerged on the social networking site Twitter.
A poster known as ‘angelicon’ – real name Andrea Constantinou – wrote: “I know u r openin a greek resteraunt in Cuffley soon my bro is pals with d owner (sic).
“Keep the Greek support going.
“L U Andrea.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter, 36, was born to Greek Cypriot parents in London, before emigrating to Australia at the age of six.
Musically, he is best known for his 1996 UK number two hit Mysterious Girl – which subsequently reached the top of the charts after he appeared in I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! in 2004.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
His stint in the jungle also led to his private life coming under intense scrutiny in the tabloid press, following his marriage – and subsequent divorce – to glamour model Katie Price, also known as Jordan.
After reading Andrea’s post on Twitter, the WHT made some enquiries. A spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council said: “We have no applications in Cuffley for anybody to open a Greek restaurant.”
But she pointed out: “There is The Gables in Newgate Street which is currently empty.”
The rumour was eventually put to bed when Peter’s management company contacted our newsdesk.
A spokeswoman simply said: “It is not true.”