Peter Andre Greek restaurant rumour scotched
RUMOURS pop star Peter Andre had been set to open a Greek restaurant in Times Territory have been scotched.
News of the Aussie singer’s possible business venture emerged on the social networking site Twitter.
A poster known as ‘angelicon’ – real name Andrea Constantinou – wrote: “I know u r openin a greek resteraunt in Cuffley soon my bro is pals with d owner (sic).
“Keep the Greek support going.
“L U Andrea.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter, 36, was born to Greek Cypriot parents in London, before emigrating to Australia at the age of six.
Musically, he is best known for his 1996 UK number two hit Mysterious Girl – which subsequently reached the top of the charts after he appeared in I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! in 2004.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
His stint in the jungle also led to his private life coming under intense scrutiny in the tabloid press, following his marriage – and subsequent divorce – to glamour model Katie Price, also known as Jordan.
After reading Andrea’s post on Twitter, the WHT made some enquiries. A spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council said: “We have no applications in Cuffley for anybody to open a Greek restaurant.”
But she pointed out: “There is The Gables in Newgate Street which is currently empty.”
The rumour was eventually put to bed when Peter’s management company contacted our newsdesk.
A spokeswoman simply said: “It is not true.”