Person taken to hospital after Welwyn Garden City fire
A MAN has been taken to hospital after a WGC house fire.
A blaze broke out in the Halifax Way home at 8am this morning (Wednesday).
Four fire engines attended the scene which has left the building severely “smoke damaged” according to a Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman.
One person was given first aid after the incident, while another man was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC.
Ambulance operations manager Daren Branch said: “A man who we believe to be in his 40s was conveyed to the QE2 Hospital after suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officer are currently at the scene trying to determine the cause of the blaze, which is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?