Person taken to hospital after Welwyn Garden City fire
A MAN has been taken to hospital after a WGC house fire.
A blaze broke out in the Halifax Way home at 8am this morning (Wednesday).
Four fire engines attended the scene which has left the building severely “smoke damaged” according to a Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman.
One person was given first aid after the incident, while another man was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC.
Ambulance operations manager Daren Branch said: “A man who we believe to be in his 40s was conveyed to the QE2 Hospital after suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officer are currently at the scene trying to determine the cause of the blaze, which is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 6 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation