Person taken to hospital after Welwyn Garden City fire
A MAN has been taken to hospital after a WGC house fire.
A blaze broke out in the Halifax Way home at 8am this morning (Wednesday).
Four fire engines attended the scene which has left the building severely “smoke damaged” according to a Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman.
One person was given first aid after the incident, while another man was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC.
Ambulance operations manager Daren Branch said: “A man who we believe to be in his 40s was conveyed to the QE2 Hospital after suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officer are currently at the scene trying to determine the cause of the blaze, which is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school