Person taken to hospital after Welwyn Garden City fire
A MAN has been taken to hospital after a WGC house fire.
A blaze broke out in the Halifax Way home at 8am this morning (Wednesday).
Four fire engines attended the scene which has left the building severely “smoke damaged” according to a Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman.
One person was given first aid after the incident, while another man was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC.
Ambulance operations manager Daren Branch said: “A man who we believe to be in his 40s was conveyed to the QE2 Hospital after suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officer are currently at the scene trying to determine the cause of the blaze, which is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 6 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar