Person killed by train in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A train has hit a person just south of Hatfield Railway Station sparking delays.
British Transport Police (BTP) told the Welwyn Hatfield Times it was too early to reveal the identity of the victim, who has died.
Paramedics and officers were called at just after 12.30pm today (Monday) to the scene of the fatality, just south of Hatfield Railway Station.
The 10.55am Kings Lynn to London King’s Cross hit the man.
A spokesman for BTP: “It’s too early to give details of identity.
“That’s the next step to identify the name of the deceased and at present we are speaking to the train driver to determine what happened.”
First Capital Connect has redirected fast trains to London around the Hertford Loop Line.
- 1 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 2 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 3 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 4 Crane hire company with Welwyn Garden City depot goes into administration
- 5 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 6 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 Kaiser Chiefs to perform extra show at Pub in the Park 2022 in St Albans
- 9 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 10 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
Passengers travelling from Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield can use the Uno Bus service to get to St Albans Railway Station to travel into London.