Person killed by train in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A train has hit a person just south of Hatfield Railway Station sparking delays.
British Transport Police (BTP) told the Welwyn Hatfield Times it was too early to reveal the identity of the victim, who has died.
Paramedics and officers were called at just after 12.30pm today (Monday) to the scene of the fatality, just south of Hatfield Railway Station.
The 10.55am Kings Lynn to London King’s Cross hit the man.
A spokesman for BTP: “It’s too early to give details of identity.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s the next step to identify the name of the deceased and at present we are speaking to the train driver to determine what happened.”
First Capital Connect has redirected fast trains to London around the Hertford Loop Line.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 5 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
Passengers travelling from Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield can use the Uno Bus service to get to St Albans Railway Station to travel into London.