Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly died after being hit by a train near Welwyn Garden City railway station earlier today, British Transport Police has confirmed.
A spokesperson for the BTP said: "British Transport Police were called to Welwyn Garden City railway station at 11.38am this morning, March 4, following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
"Paramedics also attended, however sadly a male was pronounced dead at the scene.
"This incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner."
Herts police were called at 11.44am today to assist BTP at Welwyn Garden City train station following the incident.
All lines have reopened but trains may be cancelled or delayed by up to 90 minutes until approximately 17:30.
If you need to speak to someone, the Samaritans are available to speak to 24/7.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
Their free helpline is 116 123.