Pensioner met accidental death - inquest
A PENSIONER who died after a collision with a car met an accidental death, a coroner has ruled. Joan Clulow, from Goffs Oak, was struck by an Audi A3 while crossing Cuffley Hill, in Cuffley, on the morning of
A PENSIONER who died after a collision with a car met an accidental death, a coroner has ruled.
Joan Clulow, from Goffs Oak, was struck by an Audi A3 while crossing Cuffley Hill, in Cuffley, on the morning of January 7.
The 85-year-old was taken to Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield with multiple fractures but later suffered a cardiac arrest and died.
At a hearing at Hatfield Coroner's Court yesterday (Thursday), coroner Edward Thomas recorded a verdict of accidental death.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "This was a tragedy for her and a tragedy for all concerned."
For more on this story, buy next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 6 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?