Pensioner met accidental death - inquest
A PENSIONER who died after a collision with a car met an accidental death, a coroner has ruled. Joan Clulow, from Goffs Oak, was struck by an Audi A3 while crossing Cuffley Hill, in Cuffley, on the morning of
A PENSIONER who died after a collision with a car met an accidental death, a coroner has ruled.
Joan Clulow, from Goffs Oak, was struck by an Audi A3 while crossing Cuffley Hill, in Cuffley, on the morning of January 7.
The 85-year-old was taken to Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield with multiple fractures but later suffered a cardiac arrest and died.
At a hearing at Hatfield Coroner's Court yesterday (Thursday), coroner Edward Thomas recorded a verdict of accidental death.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "This was a tragedy for her and a tragedy for all concerned."
For more on this story, buy next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Nursey goes 'climate positive' by offsetting their carbon footprint
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades