Pensioner escapes bag thief in Hatfield
A PENSIONER escaped from a thief who tried to steal her bag as she was walking under a footbridge.
The 65-year-old woman was walking under a footbridge in Alban Way, Hatfield, close to the junction of Wellfield Road and Burfield Close at 5.15pm on Thursday, November 19.
A man approached her from behind and tried to snatch her bag from her shoulder. But the woman, from Hatfield, managed to pull free and escape with her bag, She was not injured.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to get in touch.
The suspect is described as black and about 5ft 11in tall. He was wearing bright yellow waterproof trousers, a blue anorak and a black peaked cap with ear covers. He wore a scarf that covered his mouth.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Dc Sarah Corr said: “The man was wearing very distinctive, bright clothing and I would also be interested in speaking to anyone who may have seen someone in the area matching the description to get in contact.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping