Pensioner escapes bag thief in Hatfield
A PENSIONER escaped from a thief who tried to steal her bag as she was walking under a footbridge.
The 65-year-old woman was walking under a footbridge in Alban Way, Hatfield, close to the junction of Wellfield Road and Burfield Close at 5.15pm on Thursday, November 19.
A man approached her from behind and tried to snatch her bag from her shoulder. But the woman, from Hatfield, managed to pull free and escape with her bag, She was not injured.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to get in touch.
The suspect is described as black and about 5ft 11in tall. He was wearing bright yellow waterproof trousers, a blue anorak and a black peaked cap with ear covers. He wore a scarf that covered his mouth.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Dc Sarah Corr said: “The man was wearing very distinctive, bright clothing and I would also be interested in speaking to anyone who may have seen someone in the area matching the description to get in contact.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school