Pedestrian dies after road crash
A MAN died following an early morning road accident in which he was in collision with a car.
The 29-year-old was involved in the crash with a white Toyota Previa at about 2am yesterday (Sunday).
The accident happened in Hatfield Road, Smallford, near to the Notcutts garden centre.
The victim, from the St Albans area, was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC, where he died of his injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Matt Hollingsworth said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this difficult time.
“The collision occurred near to Notcutts nursery on the Hatfield Road and although it occurred in the early hours of the morning, this road is a main road and is still busy.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
“I’m keen to talk to anyone who may have seen the pedestrian prior to the collision, or anyone who witnessed the collision but was unable to stop at the scene.”
Call the road crash investigation unit on 0845 33 00 222 with information.