Pedestrian dies after road crash
A MAN died following an early morning road accident in which he was in collision with a car.
The 29-year-old was involved in the crash with a white Toyota Previa at about 2am yesterday (Sunday).
The accident happened in Hatfield Road, Smallford, near to the Notcutts garden centre.
The victim, from the St Albans area, was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC, where he died of his injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Matt Hollingsworth said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this difficult time.
“The collision occurred near to Notcutts nursery on the Hatfield Road and although it occurred in the early hours of the morning, this road is a main road and is still busy.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
“I’m keen to talk to anyone who may have seen the pedestrian prior to the collision, or anyone who witnessed the collision but was unable to stop at the scene.”
Call the road crash investigation unit on 0845 33 00 222 with information.