Peartree Fun Day 2018: Community event hailed a great success
- Credit: Archant
More than 250 residents thronged to the annual Peartree Fun Day for a fun-filled get-together over the weekend.
Visitors basked in the sunshine on Saturday while enjoying a plethora of games, stalls, entertainment and sports.
Among the performers were the Peartree Primary School Choir, polish musicians Remi and Falko and tea dancers, and there was also a Boditrax machine, art exhibition and face painting.
Michal Siewniak, who helped organise the event, said: “Peartree Fun Day is always such a wonderful opportunity to bring our community together.
“It is also a fantastic way to start the summer holidays. A relaxed atmosphere, beautiful sunshine, food, music and sport helped to make the event a day of celebrations.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by the borough council and county councillors Nigel Quinton and Lynn Chesterman.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity