Paws for thought with Knebworth company
HAVE you ever wished your cat flap could be a bit more adventurous, fun or stylish? Well if so, a new company could have the dream solution for you. Sarah Gildersleeve, who has started Knebworth-based Doors4Paws with business partners Peter and Michelle M
HAVE you ever wished your cat flap could be a bit more adventurous, fun or stylish?
Well if so, a new company could have the dream solution for you.
Sarah Gildersleeve, who has started Knebworth-based Doors4Paws with business partners Peter and Michelle McDermott, told the WHT their range of frames can transform the previously "boring" flaps.
The 40-year-old, who used to be sales director at a major soft drinks firm but had to give it up after a serious car crash, said: "We have spent 18 months researching and developing our product.
"We have patented the product to prevent people copying the idea and hope to make Doors4Paws a global business.
"We have already had enquiries from the USA and Canada and are working hard on items to add to the range."
- 1 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 2 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 3 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 4 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 5 Christmas gifts and hampers stolen from garden centre
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 'It's incredible that this could save someone’s life'
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Runners get festive for Garden City race
- 10 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
Currently in stock are three separate designs, which are easily attached to doors or walls via Velcro. They are:
* The Priory - in the design of an old manor house door, aimed to add grandeur to your existing pet door.
* The Chigwell - an "elegant" door surround, finished in white to enhance your existing pet door.
* The Stable - a rustic cottage style
door surround, designed for the rural retreat.
The Gun Lane woman suggested in future clients could ask for a design and they will try their best to create it.
"The response so far has been fantastic with some people asking for their own bespoke designs and colours - one customer wanted his encrusted with Swarovski crystals!"
The single mum-of-one added: "The original idea came from my business partner, in what he recalls as a dream.
"At first I thought it was funny but a really good idea.
"It's something light and amusing in these times of the credit crunch."
For more information call 01763 837028 or visit www.doors4paws.co.uk