Paws for thought with Knebworth company
HAVE you ever wished your cat flap could be a bit more adventurous, fun or stylish? Well if so, a new company could have the dream solution for you. Sarah Gildersleeve, who has started Knebworth-based Doors4Paws with business partners Peter and Michelle M
HAVE you ever wished your cat flap could be a bit more adventurous, fun or stylish?
Well if so, a new company could have the dream solution for you.
Sarah Gildersleeve, who has started Knebworth-based Doors4Paws with business partners Peter and Michelle McDermott, told the WHT their range of frames can transform the previously "boring" flaps.
The 40-year-old, who used to be sales director at a major soft drinks firm but had to give it up after a serious car crash, said: "We have spent 18 months researching and developing our product.
You may also want to watch:
"We have patented the product to prevent people copying the idea and hope to make Doors4Paws a global business.
"We have already had enquiries from the USA and Canada and are working hard on items to add to the range."
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Currently in stock are three separate designs, which are easily attached to doors or walls via Velcro. They are:
* The Priory - in the design of an old manor house door, aimed to add grandeur to your existing pet door.
* The Chigwell - an "elegant" door surround, finished in white to enhance your existing pet door.
* The Stable - a rustic cottage style
door surround, designed for the rural retreat.
The Gun Lane woman suggested in future clients could ask for a design and they will try their best to create it.
"The response so far has been fantastic with some people asking for their own bespoke designs and colours - one customer wanted his encrusted with Swarovski crystals!"
The single mum-of-one added: "The original idea came from my business partner, in what he recalls as a dream.
"At first I thought it was funny but a really good idea.
"It's something light and amusing in these times of the credit crunch."
For more information call 01763 837028 or visit www.doors4paws.co.uk