Paul Merton brings Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton back to the big screen
BRING on the Clowns with Paul Merton when the comedian and TV performer returns to the Alban Arena on Wednesday. Have I Got News for You star Paul is celebrating the work of some of the best silent comedians in their funniest films, including Buster Keato
BRING on the Clowns with Paul Merton when the comedian and TV performer returns to the Alban Arena on Wednesday.
Have I Got News for You star Paul is celebrating the work of some of the best silent comedians in their funniest films, including Buster Keaton's feature-length masterpiece Seven Chances in its entirety.
It is a rare opportunity to see the films on a big screen with a big audience and live music accompaniment from Neil Brand.
In the first half Paul will introduce clips from the films of Charlie Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy, with the second half given over to Seven Chances which is famous for the moment when the side of a building collapses and Buster narrowly misses injury.
You may also want to watch:
Paul is one of the best-known performers on TV with shows such as Have I Got News for You and Room 101.
He comes on stage at 7.30pm and tickets are �15, �12.50 and under-16s �9.50.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station