Paul Merton brings Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton back to the big screen
BRING on the Clowns with Paul Merton when the comedian and TV performer returns to the Alban Arena on Wednesday. Have I Got News for You star Paul is celebrating the work of some of the best silent comedians in their funniest films, including Buster Keato
BRING on the Clowns with Paul Merton when the comedian and TV performer returns to the Alban Arena on Wednesday.
Have I Got News for You star Paul is celebrating the work of some of the best silent comedians in their funniest films, including Buster Keaton's feature-length masterpiece Seven Chances in its entirety.
It is a rare opportunity to see the films on a big screen with a big audience and live music accompaniment from Neil Brand.
In the first half Paul will introduce clips from the films of Charlie Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy, with the second half given over to Seven Chances which is famous for the moment when the side of a building collapses and Buster narrowly misses injury.
You may also want to watch:
Paul is one of the best-known performers on TV with shows such as Have I Got News for You and Room 101.
He comes on stage at 7.30pm and tickets are �15, �12.50 and under-16s �9.50.
- 1 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook