Paul Merton brings Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton back to the big screen
BRING on the Clowns with Paul Merton when the comedian and TV performer returns to the Alban Arena on Wednesday. Have I Got News for You star Paul is celebrating the work of some of the best silent comedians in their funniest films, including Buster Keato
BRING on the Clowns with Paul Merton when the comedian and TV performer returns to the Alban Arena on Wednesday.
Have I Got News for You star Paul is celebrating the work of some of the best silent comedians in their funniest films, including Buster Keaton's feature-length masterpiece Seven Chances in its entirety.
It is a rare opportunity to see the films on a big screen with a big audience and live music accompaniment from Neil Brand.
In the first half Paul will introduce clips from the films of Charlie Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy, with the second half given over to Seven Chances which is famous for the moment when the side of a building collapses and Buster narrowly misses injury.
You may also want to watch:
Paul is one of the best-known performers on TV with shows such as Have I Got News for You and Room 101.
He comes on stage at 7.30pm and tickets are �15, �12.50 and under-16s �9.50.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?