Parties for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton are popular in Hertfordshire
HERTFORDSHIRE is a hotspot for Royal Wedding street parties, new figures have revealed.
The county has been named by the Local Government Association as having the fifth highest number of Royal Wedding day street party applications in the country – and with a few more applications Hertfordshire could become the street party capital of Britain.
Applications from Welwyn Hatfield so far number six and are made up of three from Welwyn, two from Welwyn Garden City and one from Digswell.
No requests, for parties to mark the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, have been received from Hatfield or Potters Bar as yet.
“There’s been a great response from residents and the number of applications is nearing 50,” said Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “If you fancy getting together with your neighbours for a celebration you’ve got until April 4 to let us have the details.
“We’re making it as easy as possible for residents to get out on to the streets and celebrate, so we’ve set up a simple online application form to make notifying us of your plans quick and easy.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present check from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity
“In addition, we’ve waived the normal fee for road closures so there’s nothing stopping you getting together with your neighbours and marking this special day.”