Parties for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton are popular in Hertfordshire
HERTFORDSHIRE is a hotspot for Royal Wedding street parties, new figures have revealed.
The county has been named by the Local Government Association as having the fifth highest number of Royal Wedding day street party applications in the country – and with a few more applications Hertfordshire could become the street party capital of Britain.
Applications from Welwyn Hatfield so far number six and are made up of three from Welwyn, two from Welwyn Garden City and one from Digswell.
No requests, for parties to mark the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, have been received from Hatfield or Potters Bar as yet.
“There’s been a great response from residents and the number of applications is nearing 50,” said Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “If you fancy getting together with your neighbours for a celebration you’ve got until April 4 to let us have the details.
“We’re making it as easy as possible for residents to get out on to the streets and celebrate, so we’ve set up a simple online application form to make notifying us of your plans quick and easy.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
“In addition, we’ve waived the normal fee for road closures so there’s nothing stopping you getting together with your neighbours and marking this special day.”