Parents' fury over Diversity ticket sales
ANGRY parents have slammed the University of Hertfordshire after they queued for hours at The Forum Fun Day only to be turned away because the complex was full. Thousands of people had turned out for the grand opening of t
ANGRY parents have slammed the University of Hertfordshire after they queued for hours at The Forum Fun Day only to be turned away because the complex was full.
Thousands of people had turned out for the grand opening of the University's new entertainment complex, the Forum, which featured an autograph signing and performance from Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity.
But only 250 tickets for The Forum's Got Talent contest, where Diversity performed, had been made available to visitors, on a first come first serve basis.
Demand was so high that organisers had to release an extra 100 tickets.
You may also want to watch:
But that was not enough to placate the majority who did not get in.
Mum-of-two Heather Butcher, from Hatfield, said: "Myself and another family queued for over an hour only to find out all the tickets to the talent show were sold out.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
"There was about 1,000 people behind us in the queue, so by not indicating how many tickets were available I'm sure there are now lots of very angry families who won't be revisiting the venue - not the best way to promote yourselves."
For more on this story, and coverage from The Forum Fun Day, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.