Parents' fury over Diversity ticket sales
ANGRY parents have slammed the University of Hertfordshire after they queued for hours at The Forum Fun Day only to be turned away because the complex was full. Thousands of people had turned out for the grand opening of t
ANGRY parents have slammed the University of Hertfordshire after they queued for hours at The Forum Fun Day only to be turned away because the complex was full.
Thousands of people had turned out for the grand opening of the University's new entertainment complex, the Forum, which featured an autograph signing and performance from Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity.
But only 250 tickets for The Forum's Got Talent contest, where Diversity performed, had been made available to visitors, on a first come first serve basis.
Demand was so high that organisers had to release an extra 100 tickets.
You may also want to watch:
But that was not enough to placate the majority who did not get in.
Mum-of-two Heather Butcher, from Hatfield, said: "Myself and another family queued for over an hour only to find out all the tickets to the talent show were sold out.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
"There was about 1,000 people behind us in the queue, so by not indicating how many tickets were available I'm sure there are now lots of very angry families who won't be revisiting the venue - not the best way to promote yourselves."
For more on this story, and coverage from The Forum Fun Day, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.