Parents' fury over Diversity ticket sales
ANGRY parents have slammed the University of Hertfordshire after they queued for hours at The Forum Fun Day only to be turned away because the complex was full. Thousands of people had turned out for the grand opening of t
ANGRY parents have slammed the University of Hertfordshire after they queued for hours at The Forum Fun Day only to be turned away because the complex was full.
Thousands of people had turned out for the grand opening of the University's new entertainment complex, the Forum, which featured an autograph signing and performance from Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity.
But only 250 tickets for The Forum's Got Talent contest, where Diversity performed, had been made available to visitors, on a first come first serve basis.
Demand was so high that organisers had to release an extra 100 tickets.
You may also want to watch:
But that was not enough to placate the majority who did not get in.
Mum-of-two Heather Butcher, from Hatfield, said: "Myself and another family queued for over an hour only to find out all the tickets to the talent show were sold out.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 8 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 9 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays
- 10 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
"There was about 1,000 people behind us in the queue, so by not indicating how many tickets were available I'm sure there are now lots of very angry families who won't be revisiting the venue - not the best way to promote yourselves."
For more on this story, and coverage from The Forum Fun Day, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.