Panshanger girls play football match in memory of Mat Blease
GIRLS from Panshanger Yellows Under-15s Pumas and Panthers played out a memorial match dedicated to Mathew Blease, who sadly passed away on February 1, 2008. Mat helped coach both teams and did a great deal to improve the girls technical skills and aware
GIRLS from Panshanger Yellows Under-15s Pumas and Panthers played out a memorial match dedicated to Mathew Blease, who sadly passed away on February 1, 2008.
Mat helped coach both teams and did a great deal to improve the girls' technical skills and awareness of the game.
His coaching paid dividends in a closely contested match.
A minute's applause was held before the game with flowers placed on the centre circle by one of the parents.
All players, parents and officials donated �1 to participate, officiate or watch the game.
This money will be donated to C.R.Y. Visit www.c-r-y.org.uk for more details about this charity.
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 3 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 4 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 7 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 8 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
- 9 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 10 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
The girls got off to a sombre start, but soon got into their rhythm in an end-to-end game.
Four goals were scored in total with the Pumas being the eventual winners.
Goalscorers included Tasha Gibbings, Jasmine Peel and Sami Bennett.
It was a very emotional time for all concerned and praise must go to everyone for the spirit in which the match was played.