Panshanger girls play football match in memory of Mat Blease
GIRLS from Panshanger Yellows Under-15s Pumas and Panthers played out a memorial match dedicated to Mathew Blease, who sadly passed away on February 1, 2008. Mat helped coach both teams and did a great deal to improve the girls technical skills and aware
GIRLS from Panshanger Yellows Under-15s Pumas and Panthers played out a memorial match dedicated to Mathew Blease, who sadly passed away on February 1, 2008.
Mat helped coach both teams and did a great deal to improve the girls' technical skills and awareness of the game.
His coaching paid dividends in a closely contested match.
A minute's applause was held before the game with flowers placed on the centre circle by one of the parents.
You may also want to watch:
All players, parents and officials donated �1 to participate, officiate or watch the game.
This money will be donated to C.R.Y. Visit www.c-r-y.org.uk for more details about this charity.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
The girls got off to a sombre start, but soon got into their rhythm in an end-to-end game.
Four goals were scored in total with the Pumas being the eventual winners.
Goalscorers included Tasha Gibbings, Jasmine Peel and Sami Bennett.
It was a very emotional time for all concerned and praise must go to everyone for the spirit in which the match was played.