There are four candidates in Panshanger – read below to find out who they are and what they stand for.
This seat is currently held by the Conservative Party.
Liberal Democrat – Konrad Basch, of Heather Road, WGC
Konrad has lived in WGC since 1983.
You may also want to watch:
He has always been enthused by the work done locally by the Liberal Democrats and the results they have managed to achieve and influence.
He has a strong focus on improving the quality of our environment and protecting our services for the benefit of all in our community.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
Conservative – Darren Bennett*, of Mardlebury Road, Woolmer Green
My pledges for Panshanger:
? I will be accessible to Panshanger residents at all times, to raise your concerns with the council
? I will ensure you have a cleaner and safer environment by working with the police and the council
? I will work to help all the community in Panshanger, especially the young and old
Labour – Simon Chander, of Jackdaws, WGC
I’ve lived in Welwyn Hatfield for nearly 45 years and Panshanger itself since 1996.
I’m committed to the ethos of the Garden City , it’s a great place to live and bring up children. This now under threat due to the massive cuts being forced made by the Conservative led government and their far reaching, ideologically driven changes to housing policy.
If elected, I’ll stand up for residents and give them a real voice on the council. Isn’t it about time Panshanger was represented by someone who actually lived in the ward? I will also fight for a decent bus service.
Green – Mark Knight, of Wellington Drive, WGC
I have always lived in Welwyn Hatfield, with over 20 years living in WGC, nine of which have been in Panshanger.
If elected, I would endeavour to provide many more facilities at ‘Moneyhole Park’ by extending the adventure playground and organising annual fetes.
I would aim to ensure that many more solar panels were installed onto council houses and other council-owned buildings, thereby cutting fuel bills for residents and reducing CO2 emissions.
I will campaign hard to stop ‘Tesco’ from spoiling our town.