Paedophile jailed for Hatfield attacks
A PAEDOPHILE has been jailed for 11 years after being found guilty of attacking a string of children, one as young as six.
Eric Adie, a 72-year-old amateur actor, also tried to rape a 10-year-old at his home in Drakes Way, Hatfield.
Guildford Crown Court heard Adie, who was a stalwart of his local dramatic society, led a sinister double life, abusing children in his former home town of Hatfield before moving on to Surrey.
Although the ex-serviceman and retired taxi driver refused to be cross-examined during his trial, he made his three – now grown-up – victims go through the trauma of re-living their harrowing ordeals in court.
One of his victims sobbed as she told the court she was only 10 when Adie invited her and her pal to his home on the pretext of taking his dogs out for a walk.
You may also want to watch:
She said Adie stripped her and tried to rape her after luring her into his home.
She said she was forced to flee the house with practically no clothes.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
Adie, now of Ash Grove, Fernhurst, West Sussex, denied the 10 charges of indecency with a child and one of attempted rape, which took place over a number of decades.
He looked shaken when the guilty verdicts were read out by the jury and judge Stewart sentenced him to 11 years behind bars.
Adie was ordered to be placed on the sex offenders’ register.