Owner’s horror at savage dog attack in Welwyn Garden City
A VICIOUS attack by a “wolf-like” husky in WGC left a partially-sighted terrier with a lacerated back, according to her shocked owner.
Patricia Parkin, 53, who lives in Raymonds Plain, was taking her Jack Russell Stella for a morning walk in Chequers on September 9 when the savage mauling took place.
She said: “This husky dog came running over the road, it was not on a lead, and the owner was over the other side of the road also.
“Then after a brief moment [it] decided to attack my dog, leaving it with a badly gashed back and also me with a �300 vet’s bill to boot.”
She said the attack had left her “traumatised” and that she didn’t stop to get any details from the other dog’s owner, who she said simply told her to not “panic”.
You may also want to watch:
Patricia said she decided to contact the WHT in the hope the other dog’s owner would contact us to offer to pay the bill for Stella’s treatment, which involved stitches and a course of painkillers.
A Herts police spokeswoman said: “The owner said the dog was left with a laceration to its back which was done by a husky-type dog.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
She added: “She picked up her dog and ran away from the scene.
“The matter is to be passed to the dog warden.”