Origami event in Welwyn Garden City
GET hands on with the ancient Japanese art of origami – paper folding – at a free family event in WGC today (Saturday). As part of the Hertfordshire programme for this year s national Family Learning Festival,
GET hands on with the ancient Japanese art of origami - paper folding - at a free family event in WGC today (Saturday).
As part of the Hertfordshire programme for this year's national Family Learning Festival, the fun activity session takes place at WGC Library in Campus West.
The aim of the day is for people to learn how to create paper sculptures in 20 folds or fewer.
County councillor Keith Emsall, executive member for community safety and culture, said: "Once again, Hertfordshire libraries are hosting a packed and varied programme of events in support of the national Family Learning Festival.
You may also want to watch:
"As in previous years, we want to encourage people to come along and enjoy discovering new kinds of activities together as a family in a relaxed and informal environment."
The event runs from 10.30am until noon.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
For more information, and to book tickets, call 0300 123 4049.