Origami event in Welwyn Garden City
GET hands on with the ancient Japanese art of origami – paper folding – at a free family event in WGC today (Saturday). As part of the Hertfordshire programme for this year s national Family Learning Festival,
GET hands on with the ancient Japanese art of origami - paper folding - at a free family event in WGC today (Saturday).
As part of the Hertfordshire programme for this year's national Family Learning Festival, the fun activity session takes place at WGC Library in Campus West.
The aim of the day is for people to learn how to create paper sculptures in 20 folds or fewer.
County councillor Keith Emsall, executive member for community safety and culture, said: "Once again, Hertfordshire libraries are hosting a packed and varied programme of events in support of the national Family Learning Festival.
You may also want to watch:
"As in previous years, we want to encourage people to come along and enjoy discovering new kinds of activities together as a family in a relaxed and informal environment."
The event runs from 10.30am until noon.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
For more information, and to book tickets, call 0300 123 4049.