Origami event in Welwyn Garden City
GET hands on with the ancient Japanese art of origami – paper folding – at a free family event in WGC today (Saturday). As part of the Hertfordshire programme for this year s national Family Learning Festival,
GET hands on with the ancient Japanese art of origami - paper folding - at a free family event in WGC today (Saturday).
As part of the Hertfordshire programme for this year's national Family Learning Festival, the fun activity session takes place at WGC Library in Campus West.
The aim of the day is for people to learn how to create paper sculptures in 20 folds or fewer.
County councillor Keith Emsall, executive member for community safety and culture, said: "Once again, Hertfordshire libraries are hosting a packed and varied programme of events in support of the national Family Learning Festival.
You may also want to watch:
"As in previous years, we want to encourage people to come along and enjoy discovering new kinds of activities together as a family in a relaxed and informal environment."
The event runs from 10.30am until noon.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
For more information, and to book tickets, call 0300 123 4049.