Origami event in Welwyn Garden City
GET hands on with the ancient Japanese art of origami – paper folding – at a free family event in WGC today (Saturday). As part of the Hertfordshire programme for this year s national Family Learning Festival,
GET hands on with the ancient Japanese art of origami - paper folding - at a free family event in WGC today (Saturday).
As part of the Hertfordshire programme for this year's national Family Learning Festival, the fun activity session takes place at WGC Library in Campus West.
The aim of the day is for people to learn how to create paper sculptures in 20 folds or fewer.
County councillor Keith Emsall, executive member for community safety and culture, said: "Once again, Hertfordshire libraries are hosting a packed and varied programme of events in support of the national Family Learning Festival.
You may also want to watch:
"As in previous years, we want to encourage people to come along and enjoy discovering new kinds of activities together as a family in a relaxed and informal environment."
The event runs from 10.30am until noon.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
For more information, and to book tickets, call 0300 123 4049.