One way scheme starts at Welwyn Garden City school today
A VOLUNTARY one-way system starts today (Monday) in an effort to curb obstructive parking at a WGC school. Governors at
A VOLUNTARY one-way system starts today (Monday) in an effort to curb obstructive parking at a WGC school.
Governors at Homerswood Primary School, in Kirklands, have asked parents to sign up to the scheme, which will operate during 'drop-off' and 'collection' times.
The scheme asks drivers not to enter Kirklands from Knightsfield between 8.30am and 9.30am.
It also asks motorists to avoid the route between 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, police have confirmed any vehicles found to be blocking the road or pavement could face a fine.
Pc Ben Satchfield said: "This situation is being looked into by the police in order to protect the safety of children attending the school.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire