One way scheme starts at Welwyn Garden City school today
A VOLUNTARY one-way system starts today (Monday) in an effort to curb obstructive parking at a WGC school. Governors at
A VOLUNTARY one-way system starts today (Monday) in an effort to curb obstructive parking at a WGC school.
Governors at Homerswood Primary School, in Kirklands, have asked parents to sign up to the scheme, which will operate during 'drop-off' and 'collection' times.
The scheme asks drivers not to enter Kirklands from Knightsfield between 8.30am and 9.30am.
It also asks motorists to avoid the route between 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, police have confirmed any vehicles found to be blocking the road or pavement could face a fine.
Pc Ben Satchfield said: "This situation is being looked into by the police in order to protect the safety of children attending the school.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off