One way scheme starts at Welwyn Garden City school today
A VOLUNTARY one-way system starts today (Monday) in an effort to curb obstructive parking at a WGC school. Governors at
A VOLUNTARY one-way system starts today (Monday) in an effort to curb obstructive parking at a WGC school.
Governors at Homerswood Primary School, in Kirklands, have asked parents to sign up to the scheme, which will operate during 'drop-off' and 'collection' times.
The scheme asks drivers not to enter Kirklands from Knightsfield between 8.30am and 9.30am.
It also asks motorists to avoid the route between 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
In addition, police have confirmed any vehicles found to be blocking the road or pavement could face a fine.
Pc Ben Satchfield said: "This situation is being looked into by the police in order to protect the safety of children attending the school.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman