One way scheme starts at Welwyn Garden City school today
A VOLUNTARY one-way system starts today (Monday) in an effort to curb obstructive parking at a WGC school. Governors at
A VOLUNTARY one-way system starts today (Monday) in an effort to curb obstructive parking at a WGC school.
Governors at Homerswood Primary School, in Kirklands, have asked parents to sign up to the scheme, which will operate during 'drop-off' and 'collection' times.
The scheme asks drivers not to enter Kirklands from Knightsfield between 8.30am and 9.30am.
It also asks motorists to avoid the route between 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, police have confirmed any vehicles found to be blocking the road or pavement could face a fine.
Pc Ben Satchfield said: "This situation is being looked into by the police in order to protect the safety of children attending the school.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts