Oliver Cromwell steam train to pass through Welwyn Hatfield today
FOR the second time this month, Times Territory is set to get a taste of the golden age of steam. For locomotive Oliver Cromwell is today (Saturday) hauling her first train out of Cleethorpes for the first time in 40 years. The Great Northern tour, operat
FOR the second time this month, Times Territory is set to get a taste of the golden age of steam.
For locomotive Oliver Cromwell is today (Saturday) hauling her first train out of Cleethorpes for the first time in 40 years.
The Great Northern tour, operated by the Railway Touring Company, was setting off from the Lincolnshire seaside town just after 7am this morning.
Pick up points include Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Doncaster, before it heads south down the East Coast Main Line.
You may also want to watch:
It is due to pass through Times Territory's stations - Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar - shortly after 1pm.
The steam engine, a Britannia Pacific 70013, will end its journey at London King's Cross.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
It will return from the capital at 5.48pm - passing through Times Territory at about 6.15pm.
When it reaches Peterborough, a diesel locomotive will take over for the final leg back to Cleethorpes.
Three weeks ago, hundreds of people in Times Territory came out to see Tornado - the first main line steam engine to be built in the UK for 50 years - chug through.
* Are you going out to spot Oliver Cromwell today? Send us your photos by emailing email@example.com