Oliver Cromwell steam train to pass through Welwyn Hatfield today
FOR the second time this month, Times Territory is set to get a taste of the golden age of steam. For locomotive Oliver Cromwell is today (Saturday) hauling her first train out of Cleethorpes for the first time in 40 years. The Great Northern tour, operat
FOR the second time this month, Times Territory is set to get a taste of the golden age of steam.
For locomotive Oliver Cromwell is today (Saturday) hauling her first train out of Cleethorpes for the first time in 40 years.
The Great Northern tour, operated by the Railway Touring Company, was setting off from the Lincolnshire seaside town just after 7am this morning.
Pick up points include Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Doncaster, before it heads south down the East Coast Main Line.
You may also want to watch:
It is due to pass through Times Territory's stations - Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar - shortly after 1pm.
The steam engine, a Britannia Pacific 70013, will end its journey at London King's Cross.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
It will return from the capital at 5.48pm - passing through Times Territory at about 6.15pm.
When it reaches Peterborough, a diesel locomotive will take over for the final leg back to Cleethorpes.
Three weeks ago, hundreds of people in Times Territory came out to see Tornado - the first main line steam engine to be built in the UK for 50 years - chug through.
* Are you going out to spot Oliver Cromwell today? Send us your photos by emailing email@example.com