OK given for permit parking in Welwyn Garden City
RESIDENTS fed up of a hospital’s staff and visitors parking in their road have got their wish.
Welwyn Hatfield Council on Monday approved the introduction of a permit parking scheme in three roads close to the QE2 Hospital, WGC.
Only residents and their visitors will be able to park in Kingsley Court, Bennett Close and Wyndhams End.
In a consultation period, just one objection was made from a household within the proposed permit scheme area.
Kingsley Court resident Harold Colbert, who made the objection, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Why should we have to pay to park outside our house?
You may also want to watch:
“We have got no objections with it going ahead as we have been trying to get restrictive parking for years.
“The only thing we object to is having to pay.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One