OK given for permit parking in Welwyn Garden City
RESIDENTS fed up of a hospital’s staff and visitors parking in their road have got their wish.
Welwyn Hatfield Council on Monday approved the introduction of a permit parking scheme in three roads close to the QE2 Hospital, WGC.
Only residents and their visitors will be able to park in Kingsley Court, Bennett Close and Wyndhams End.
In a consultation period, just one objection was made from a household within the proposed permit scheme area.
Kingsley Court resident Harold Colbert, who made the objection, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Why should we have to pay to park outside our house?
You may also want to watch:
“We have got no objections with it going ahead as we have been trying to get restrictive parking for years.
“The only thing we object to is having to pay.”
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas