OK given for permit parking in Welwyn Garden City
RESIDENTS fed up of a hospital’s staff and visitors parking in their road have got their wish.
Welwyn Hatfield Council on Monday approved the introduction of a permit parking scheme in three roads close to the QE2 Hospital, WGC.
Only residents and their visitors will be able to park in Kingsley Court, Bennett Close and Wyndhams End.
In a consultation period, just one objection was made from a household within the proposed permit scheme area.
Kingsley Court resident Harold Colbert, who made the objection, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Why should we have to pay to park outside our house?
You may also want to watch:
“We have got no objections with it going ahead as we have been trying to get restrictive parking for years.
“The only thing we object to is having to pay.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation