Oil slick in Hatfield causes traffic chaos
AN oil drum discarded on a busy road is causing traffic chaos in Times Territory this morning (Thursday). Police were called to the A414 near Tesco in Hatfield at
AN oil drum discarded on a busy road is causing traffic chaos in Times Territory this morning (Thursday).
Police were called to the A414 near Tesco in Hatfield at 7.04am to reports of a slick in the road.
A spokeswoman for the police said the A414 on the carriageway towards the Oldings Roundabout is now closed and it is not known when it will be re-opened.
Herts Highways staff are on the scene to clear up to the spill.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Tesco said that the store remained open for business and that it can be accessed by the entrance on Comet Way.
The incident has caused significant tailbacks on the A414 and has also caused congestion on a number of nearby roads including Chequers in WGC.
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
One motorist caught up in the congestion described the traffic as "absolutely ridiculous".
"It normally takes me seven or eight minutes to get to work, today it took me nearly 40 minutes," he said.