Oil dumped in Welwyn Garden City pond
ENGINE oil has been dumped in a pond near a community centre, threatening wildlife.
The water, within the grounds of Douglas Tilbe House, was polluted by the black liquid.
A Welwyn Hatfield Council officer spotted the problem and contacted the Environment Agency.
It is believed someone may have broken into the site off Hall Grove, WGC, to gain access to the pond.
An agency spokesman said: “An amount of oil and manhole covers were found nearby.”
You may also want to watch:
“There is a history of problems at this site.
“The pond isn’t connected to the nearby Hatfield Hyde Brook.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17