Oil dumped in Welwyn Garden City pond
ENGINE oil has been dumped in a pond near a community centre, threatening wildlife.
The water, within the grounds of Douglas Tilbe House, was polluted by the black liquid.
A Welwyn Hatfield Council officer spotted the problem and contacted the Environment Agency.
It is believed someone may have broken into the site off Hall Grove, WGC, to gain access to the pond.
An agency spokesman said: “An amount of oil and manhole covers were found nearby.”
You may also want to watch:
“There is a history of problems at this site.
“The pond isn’t connected to the nearby Hatfield Hyde Brook.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 10 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer