Octogenarian disturbs burglars in Potters Bar
TWO burglars escaped empty-handed after an 88-year-old woman disturbed them during a raid on her home.
The men fled the property, in Hatfield Road, Potters Bar, when the octogenarian interrupted them as they combed her property for valuables.
Police believe that one of the crooks forced open the rear door of the property before letting his accomplice in through the front door.
They then searched the property but left with nothing after they were disturbed.
The raid took place between 1.50pm and 2.10pm on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The men are described as white with foreign accents, wearing green gloves and white caps.
One of them was wearing a green jumper.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
If you have any information call police on 0845 3300222