Octogenarian disturbs burglars in Potters Bar
TWO burglars escaped empty-handed after an 88-year-old woman disturbed them during a raid on her home.
The men fled the property, in Hatfield Road, Potters Bar, when the octogenarian interrupted them as they combed her property for valuables.
Police believe that one of the crooks forced open the rear door of the property before letting his accomplice in through the front door.
They then searched the property but left with nothing after they were disturbed.
The raid took place between 1.50pm and 2.10pm on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The men are described as white with foreign accents, wearing green gloves and white caps.
One of them was wearing a green jumper.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
If you have any information call police on 0845 3300222