Plans in pipeline for Welwyn Hatfield wedding venue
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A planning application has been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council for a wedding venue at a Grade 1 listed mansion.
The applicant, a Mr C Chima, of ACED Development Ltd in Welwyn, is proposing a change of use of North Mymms Park, Tollgate Road, North Mymms.
North Mymms Park is a mansion set within a landscaped estate, surrounded by farmland, woodland and parkland.
The proposal is to change it from a training centre and conference facility to a wedding venue with ceremonies and corporate events.
In the design and access statement, specialist conservation architect Francesca Weal writes: “This is an application for change of use only without any development.
You may also want to watch:
“Therefore there is no material change to the appearance of any of the buildings and structures.
“Therefore there is no design to make a statement about.”
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 7 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
Ms Weal added: “The estate and buildings have been public access buildings and there is already some accommodation for people with disabilities.
“This application is for a change of use from a residential corporate training centre with conference facilities to a wedding venue, other ceremonies and corporate events.”