No McLaren appeal over Hamilton's F1 points being stripped
VODAFONE McLaren Mercedes bosses will not appeal against the FIA s decision to exclude Lewis Hamilton from the Australian Grand Prix results at the weekend. The 24-year-old Formula 1 world champion from Tewin finished fourth in the race, but was promoted
VODAFONE McLaren Mercedes bosses will not appeal against the FIA's decision to exclude Lewis Hamilton from the Australian Grand Prix results at the weekend.
The 24-year-old Formula 1 world champion from Tewin finished fourth in the race, but was promoted to third ahead of Toyota's Jarno Trulli following a stewards' inquiry.
However, today (Thursday) the FIA reviewed that verdict and have stripped Hamilton of third place and any championships points.
In a statement, McLaren said the sport's governing body made their decision after reviewing radio transmissions between Hamilton and his team.
You may also want to watch:
"The team mistakenly believed that the radio transmissions had been reviewed by the FIA on Sunday and consequently did not believe it was necessary to discuss them with the stewards on that date.
"Nonetheless, the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team now regrets that it did not do so, accepts the stewards' decision and will not appeal," the statement added.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire