No CCTV in Potters Bar for 18 months
Poles for CCTV camras have now stood in locations in Potters Bar for 18 months, without any cameras on top of them
WHAT do you see in the picture, right?
The answer is, obviously, a CCTV camera.
Unfortunately it's not one keeping a watchful eye on Potters Bar railway station.
For the camera that should be monitoring Darkes Lane has not been installed - 18 MONTHS after the pole for it was first erected.
You may also want to watch:
And it is not the only one: a similar pole stands camera-less in High Street.
John Godfrey, chairman of the Potters Bar Crime Reduction Group, described the situation as "ludicrous".
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
"Eighteen months and we're still waiting," he said.
"This is just ridiculous. It would be nice to see it working. It annoys me (the delay)."
Val Kane, Hertsmere Borough Council's community safety officer, said the project had been hit by several problems, but that the cameras would be up and running soon.
"There have been delays for a number of reasons during the life of this project," she said.
"One of those was a link from BT but this has now been resolved and it would be unfair to lay blame at their doors.
"The next step is to get the power installed and we expect this to happen within the next couple of months.
"We appreciate this project has taken time but we are making progress and hope the cameras will go live as soon as the power is connected.