No CCTV in Potters Bar for 18 months
Poles for CCTV camras have now stood in locations in Potters Bar for 18 months, without any cameras on top of them
WHAT do you see in the picture, right?
The answer is, obviously, a CCTV camera.
Unfortunately it's not one keeping a watchful eye on Potters Bar railway station.
For the camera that should be monitoring Darkes Lane has not been installed - 18 MONTHS after the pole for it was first erected.
You may also want to watch:
And it is not the only one: a similar pole stands camera-less in High Street.
John Godfrey, chairman of the Potters Bar Crime Reduction Group, described the situation as "ludicrous".
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
"Eighteen months and we're still waiting," he said.
"This is just ridiculous. It would be nice to see it working. It annoys me (the delay)."
Val Kane, Hertsmere Borough Council's community safety officer, said the project had been hit by several problems, but that the cameras would be up and running soon.
"There have been delays for a number of reasons during the life of this project," she said.
"One of those was a link from BT but this has now been resolved and it would be unfair to lay blame at their doors.
"The next step is to get the power installed and we expect this to happen within the next couple of months.
"We appreciate this project has taken time but we are making progress and hope the cameras will go live as soon as the power is connected.