Nine weeks to go until YMCA Sleep Easy event
A CAMPAIGN encouraging people to spend a night on the streets to experience the reality of homelessness is gathering steam – and it’s still not too late to get involved.
The Sleep Easy campaign, organised by the Central Herts YMCA and backed by the WHT, is just 10 weeks away from lift off, where it is hoped up to 200 people will come together and spend a night under the stars outside the Galleria in Hatfield.
So far, 30 people have signed up to the night on Saturday, Januray 30, including WHT reporter Ross Logan. The latest recruits were eight members of staff from Countess Anne nursery in School Lane, Hatfield, who celebrated the nursery’s first birthday last week by putting their names down on the list.
Day care manager Karen Macer said: “We signed up because we think it will give us a better understanding of what homeless people go through, and help us appreciate what we’ve already got.
“In a funny sort of way it could be fun, but it will also be a very interesting experience.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the Sleep Easy campaign and how to sign up, visit www.centralhertsymca.org.uk/sleepeasy or contact YMCA fundraising officer Sally Mayor on 01707 290717 and via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?