NHS Hertfordshire chief executive quits
NHS Hertfordshire chief executive Anne Walker is quitting her post, she has announced.
Mrs Walker is leaving the county’s PCT to take up a position as chief executive of NHS Surrey.
She said: “I will be enormously sad to be leaving my colleagues here in Hertfordshire, who I have enjoyed working with so much.
“But I do think that the time is right for me to take on a fresh challenge and to deal with some different issues in a new place.
“The challenges we faced back in 2006 were huge and thanks to everyone’s determination, hard work, creativity and commitment to change, NHS Hertfordshire has a strong record of real delivery across a number of critically important areas.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Walker added: “I feel very proud to have been part of that team and want to say a big thank you to everyone who has worked with me in recent years.
“I look forward to hearing about NHS Hertfordshire’s growing success from my role on the other side of London.”
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
NHS Hertfordshire chairman Stuart Bloom said: “While we are all very sorry indeed to see Anne leave Hertfordshire, we wish her every success as she takes on new challenges. NHS Surrey is fortunate to have secured Anne as their new chief executive.”
Mrs Walker will take up her new post in September.
When she departs, Dr Jane Halpin, who is deputy chief executive and director of public health at NHS Hertfordshire, will take up the position of interim chief executive.