Next steps announcement delayed for Welwyn Garden City plans
PUBLISHED: 17:23 13 September 2018 | UPDATED: 17:31 13 September 2018
Welwyn Garden City businesses may have to wait until early October to find out which parts of the town centre regeneration plans will be taken forward.
The trial in June, which saw part of Stonehills pedestrianised and the taxi rank relocated, caused several businesses to petition against the plans.
The county council previously said the next steps would be outlined towards the end of August, but a spokeswoman has today (Thursday, September 13) revealed that may not happen until next month.
She said: “Meetings with stakeholders are taking place over the next couple of weeks to discuss outcomes of the consultation and next steps.
“Further information will be available in late September/early October.”
Borough council leader Mandy Perkins previously told the WHT she was confident that most of the issues had been resolved, but remained tight-lipped over the specifics.
Among several changes being considered are a 20mph speed limit, part pedestrianisation of Stonehills, crossing stitches and a new one-way system.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.