New website launched for Welwyn Hatfield youngsters
A WEBSITE aimed at teenagers living in Welwyn Hatfield has been launched.
With articles written by youngsters for youngsters, Wazzup is hoping to inform and entertain.
Designed and run by Welwyn Hatfield’s youth councillors, the website is a result of feedback from 11 to 19 year olds who say they are bored and there is nothing to do in and around their home towns.
Stanborough School pupil Sam Mahrouche, speaking at the official launch on Friday, said: “We want articles written by the young people, we want people to send us their reports and events and to really get involved.
“If you’re holding an event, this is the pace to get it place to let people know about it.”
You may also want to watch:
Clare Gatford, 16, added: “People kept telling us there’s nothing to do, or I’m so bored. Wuzzup is the answer.”
- 1 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement