New vision for Old Hatfield housing development
AN old garage block in a historic part of Times Territory has been transformed into a new housing development.
Dunham Mews is the name of the new collection of townhouse-style homes located off Park Street, in Old Hatfield, situated next to the viaduct and overlooked by Hatfield House.
The development is the first phase of a joint venture between the Gascoyne Cecil Estates, which manages Hatfield House, and local developers Jarvis Homes.
It consists of eight two-bedroom mews style homes and one maisonette, with associated parking.
It is hoped that next year, a further six town houses and two small office buildings will be added along the south side of the viaduct, creating a small street.
You may also want to watch:
At the launch of the new development last week, Gascoyne Cecil chief executive Peter Clegg said the scheme had been well received buy potential buyers.
“In partnership with Jarvis Homes, the Estate had been keen throughout to ensure that the development was constructed to a high quality with traditional materials in keeping with the existing vernacular of Old Hatfield,” Mr Clegg said.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
Mark Shearing, director of selling agents Putterills, said: “We were delighted with the turn out, which we believe clearly shows there is a demand for high quality housing in such a sought after and picturesque location.”
“Over 50 per cent of these homes have now been reserved and we have strong interest in the remaining houses. “Prices are from just �264,950 – great value for a brand new character houses so close to the station and in the heart of the Old Town.
“The site had previously been just had a block of old garages so this is an excellent example of how a small development can enhance the location.”
For more information about Dunham Mews, contact Putterils on 01462 453195.